There are two categories: professional and student
Professional Chef v Chef 2017
Open to all chefs working within a 50-mile radius of city of Bath (no age restriction). For competition details and how to enter, please see details towards the bottom of this page.
Student Chef v Chef 2017
Open to Bath College catering and hospitality students. There are several categories to enter:
- Level 1 - Knife skills
- Level 2 - Cut and prepare a 1 .25 kg Chicken for Chicken Saute Chasseur. One portion of the dish to be presented for judging. 90 minutes each heat. (2 heats)
- Level 1 - Napkin folding
- Level 2 - Table laying
- Level 3 - Individual - Wine pouring
- Level 3 - Team event - (One FOH, 2 CHEFS) team of 3 will work together to design a 2-course lunch menu for six guests. Menu to be served by FOH to 4 invited diners. the main course will be served alongside a paired complimentary wine chosen by the team.
Closing date for entries: 26th January 2017
Date of competition: Thursday 9th February 2017
Professional Chef v Chef
Competitors will be required to compile a 2-course menu consisting of a main course featuring corn fed chicken and a dessert incorporating Bramley apples. Seasonal produce for winter/ spring, should be included as part of your additional ingredients when planning. You must include a full description of both dishes complete with the recipe, cooking methods and diagram outlining presentation of both dishes.
It is important that you are able to provide a good visual impression of what you intend to cook, as the finalists will be selected from this.
If you are successful, you will be invited to the cook off final, where you will have 2½ hours to prepare your menu which will include two portions of each dish (one for judging/tasting & one for display purposes). We will only provide the Corn fed chicken, Bramley apples, seasoning, oils and a small selection of dry goods such as flour, sugar, etc.
Please remember your whites, knives and any specialist equipment and service plates you will need.
How to Apply
Email the following information and submit with your attachments to email@example.com
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Place of work
- Two plate designs for main course and dessert (drawing or photo), clearly labelling the dish components, with a title for each dish.
You will need to have your line manager email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and place of work to confirm your eligibility.
By sending your description and sketches by email, you hereby agree to abide by the rules and conditions governing the competition and accept the judges’ decision to be final.
Please note: Entries received without the above essential information will not be accepted.
- Entrants should be working in a commercial kitchen whether it be full-time or part-time within a 50 mile radius of Bath or attending a full or part time hospitality course at Bath college.
- Restaurants may submit up to a maximum of two individual entries per venue.
- Entries must be returned to Chef v Chef, Bath college, Hospitality, Avon Street, Bath BA1 1UP or by email to email@example.com by the closing date.
- Judges decision is final at any stage of the competition and will be adhered to.
- Prize winners and recipes including photos will feature on this web site: www.chefvchef.co.uk and may be used for publicity purposes.