Professional Chef v Chef 2019 Finalists
- Andrew Jenkinson (Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa)
- Christian Ørner (Salt Co, private chef)
- Declan Ashcroft (Dyson)
- James Morris (Woolley Grange Hotel)
- Jethro Lawrence (Woolley Grange Hotel)
- Fraser Jones (Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel)
- Thomas Everard-Fairburn (Thornbury Castle Hotel)
- Tomas Redding (Thornbury Castle Hotel)
The above will enter the cook off final, where they will have 2½ hours to prepare their menu which will include two portions of each dish (one for judging/tasting and one for display purposes).
Please remember your whites, knives and any specialist equipment and service plates required!
1st: £250.00 - Chef V Chef trophy - Estage at 1 Michelin starred The Latymer restaurant at Pennyhill Park, Surrey - Champagne
2nd: £50.00 - Dinner for two at 1 Michelin starred Olive Tree restaurant at the Queensberry Hotel, Bath - Champagne - Certificate
3rd: £25.00 - Champagne - Certificate
- Entrants should be working in a commercial kitchen whether it be full-time or part-time within a 50 mile radius of Bath or attending a full or part time hospitality course at Bath college.
- Restaurants may submit up to a maximum of two individual entries per venue.
- Entries must be returned to Chef v Chef, Bath College, Hospitality Dept, Avon Street, Bath BA1 1UP or by email to Fabrice.Monperrus@bathcollege.ac.uk by the closing date.
- Judges decision is final at any stage of the competition and will be adhered to.
- Prize winners and recipes including photos will feature on this web site and may be used for publicity purposes.
For the final cook-off, the following ingredients will be provided. Should you require alternative ingredients, you will be required to provide them:
|Fruit & Vegetables||Meat & Fish|
|Comice Pear||4||Guinea fowl o/r 1.2kg||1|
|Red onion||300g||Dry Goods/ Frozen foods|
|Shallot purple||150g||Brown sugar||250g|
|Garlic||1 head||Caster sugar||250g|
|Carrots||2kg||White chocolate pistols||120g|
|Leeks||1kg||Dark chocolate pistols||120g|
|Celery||1 bunch||Red wine||1/2btle|
|Baby carrots||½ punnet||Hazelnut||100g|
|Tarragon||¼ bunch||Unsalted butter||250g|
|White grapes||100g||Double cream||1litre|
Student Chef v Chef 2019
Open to Bath College catering and hospitality students. There are several categories to enter:
level 1 student
30min to produce 4 vegetables cuts, precise cutting skills
- Macédoine of swede and turnip
- Paysanne of celery
- Brunoise of carrot
- Julienne of leek
Level tech 2 student: in pairs, starter and main dish produced in 90 mn
Produce 1 portion; Poached egg Florentine and chicken forestière
Level NVQ 2 student
Produce 3 choices of canapés
Canapés should be served during the ceremony awards
Level 3 student: in team of 3; 2 kitchen, 1 FOH:
Black box competition, Main and dessert
Level 3 FOH individual challenge
Design menu recipes and time plan
Produce 5 portions, I for judging, 4 to serve at the shrubbery restaurant
First course must be served at 11.45, finish at 12.30pm
Kitchen skills Certificate and medal
Restaurant skills individual challenge Certificate and medal
Team Challenge Certificate, medal, Bath aqua glass trophy, dinner for 3 at Timbrell's Yard, Bradford on Avon.
Event date: Friday 15 February 2019